jueves, 2 de noviembre de 2017

Cockney

Have you ever heard about Cockney? Watch the following video and then try to guess the meaning of the cockney slang. A very good clue is: " Pay attention to the rhyme".




Then try to complete the exercise with cockney expressions:


Match the cockney expressions on the left column to their meanings on the right

Match the cockney expressions on the left column to their meanings on the right

Match each pair, and then click the Check button.
I haven't got a Scooby do
I need to go to the iron tank
I fell out my Uncle Ted last night
That's a nice pair of ones and twos
Give me a hit and miss

1 comentario:

  1. Very interesting comprehension and cultural activity. It might be difficult at the beginning, trying to guess the meaning of the different expressions in the video.
    The listening might be too difficult even for 6th grade students because slang is quite difficult. However, the matching activity is much easier. I like it!

    ResponderEliminar